Summer in a Salad Bowl



Summer in a Salad Bowl contains the scrumptious flavors of summer. I love tomatoes, peaches and roasted corn separately, so why not have them together  in a salad? I loved it! 

Summer in a Salad Bowl—Makes 1 Salad
Total Time: 40 minutes (including 30 min. roasting time for corn)

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups (approximately) of arugula, or lettuce of your choice
  • 1 peach, diced 
  • Cherry tomatoes, a dozen or so, sliced 
  • 1 ear of corn, roasted
  • 1 tablespoon of goat cheese, crumbled 
  • 1 tablespoon Garlic Expressions dressing, or dressing of your choice 
  • Splash of balsamic vinegar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Place corn with husks on a sheet pan. (I cut off any spare pieces/silk.) Roast for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
  3. Place arugula in a bowl. 
  4. Cut the kernels from the corn cob and place on the lettuce.
  5. Add the peaches and tomatoes.
  6. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
  7. Add Garlic Expressions, salt and pepper. Toss.
  8. Top with a splash of balsamic vinegar.
  9. Enjoy! (Note: I didn’t toss the salad until after the photo.)



As you can see, the salad is colorful, as well as tasty. While the corn is roasting, I prepare the peach and tomatoes. Then all I have to do is cut the corn off of the cob and assemble the salad. I highly recommend that you try the Garlic Expressions dressing, if you haven’t already done so. It is a perfect vinaigrette that is non-GMO, vegan and allergen free, gluten-free, and uses California garlic. 

I hope you enjoy Summer in a Salad Bowl!

Comments