Baked Pumpkin Donuts

I love these Baked Pumpkin Donuts. They are delicious and easy to make! I got this recipe from A Life From Scratch who got it from her friend, Food4Tots.  The adorable “Happy” pumpkin I purchased through A Life From Scratch.

Baked Pumpkin Donuts

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour (I used King Arthur gluten-free flour.)
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (Again, I used King Arthur gluten-free flour.)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (I used olive oil.)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar ( You can substitute Swerve brown sugar.)
  • 1 cup pumpkin purée (My grocery store finally has it after being out for over a year!)
  • 1/3 cup milk (The original recipe used whole milk, but I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk.)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a donut pan with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour through cinnamon.
  3. In a smaller bowl, add the coconut oil (or olive oil) through milk and whisk to combine.
  4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
  5. Carefully spoon batter into donut pan. Or, transfer batter to a large plastic bag. Cut one corner and squeeze batter into the donut pan.
  6. Bake 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
  7. Allow donuts to cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping (Optional)
In a bowl, combine about 4 tablespoons of butter, melted, with 1/2 cup sugar (can substitute Swerve) and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dip the tops of the donuts (while still warm) into the topping.



The donuts turned out beautifully and are just perfect for the fall season. I needed to bake the donuts the full 15 minutes. Also, I made the batter the night before and baked the donuts in the morning. So you can have a busy morning and still bake the donuts. Enjoy! 

I hope you will try Baked Pumpkin Donuts. Enjoy!

Comments