Book Review—Atomic Habits by James Clear

Atomic Habits by James Clear is the book I needed right now in my life. I absolutely loved this book. It doesn’t matter if you are starting out in your career, a stay-at-home mom, an executive, a writer, or retired. This book has something for everyone. And, just like the cover states, “Tiny changes (lead to) remarkable results.” 

James Clear begins the book with his personal story (it is a remarkable story) and how he developed small habits in college such as going to sleep early and keeping his dorm room neat. These habits led to more confidence, better study habits and eventually outstanding grades. 

The book describes the power of habits. The author has developed four steps to build better habits. These steps are broken down into readable and relatable language intertwined with stories from Olympic gold medalists, artists, business leaders, physicians, and comedians who have used habits to become the top in their field.

Some of the topics discussed are how to start a new habit, how to find and fix the causes of bad habits, how to stop procrastinating, and how to stick with good habits every day. Each chapter has a helpful summary. Atomic Habits is a book that I refer back to often. I actually want to reread it again.

I highly recommend Atomic Habits.  Since reading the book, I have been using many quotes from Atomic Habits for my Monday Motivation posts on my blog. I found so many topics extremely helpful for my life moving forward. I hope you will, too!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5



 




Comments