October 2021 Reading



What a great month of reading! There are a variety of genres and some older books, too. I even read a Christmas book!

I have already reviewed four of the books. I will link them below.

84 Charing Cross Road ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
We Are the Brennans  ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Beautiful Country  ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
The Reading List ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Still Life is the first book in Louise Penny’s Chief Inspector Armand Gamache series. It came highly recommended by a friend. I loved the novel and I will be reading the series!

Address Unknown by Katherine KressmannTaylor was first published in 1938. The backstory of its publication is a story in itself. I will be reviewing this gem soon.

I read a few thrillers this month. I will be reviewing Pretty Little Wife by Darby Kane and Rock Paper Scissors by Alice Feeney soon.

In the romance department, I read The Santa Suit by Mary Kay Andrews, The Ex Hex by Erin Sterling and Fight or Flight by Samantha Young. They were all fun reads that I will be reviewing. If you are looking for a holiday book, The Santa Suit is my recommendation. 

Rounding out the month was the nonfiction book, Peril by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa. I have always been fascinated with Bob Woodward’s work since All the President’s Men.

Yesterday I started listening to John Green’s The Anthropocene Reviewed. It is a collection of short essays he wrote on a variety of subjects all related to our human existence. It is fascinating!

Today I’m beginning to read Amor Towles’ long-awaited new book, The Lincoln Highway. I plan on savoring every beautifully-written word! 

What are you going to read in November?



 

Comments