Happy Day! My January Books of the Month Have Arrived!

I really love being a member of Book of the Month! This month the selections were fabulous! I’m excited to begin 2022 reading! 
My main pick was The Magnolia Palace by Fiona Davis. I have read and reviewed four of her previous books, The DollhouseThe AddressThe Masterpiece and The Chelsea Girls. The only book her besides her current novel that I have not read is The Lions of Fifth Avenue. Ms. Davis takes a New York City landmark and builds a novel around it in each of her books. The Frick mansion is the star of The Magnolia Palace. I’m excited to read this book!
I’m thrilled to get started reading The Maid by Nita Prose, too! It is the author’s debut novel and is a murder mystery. It is also the January GMA book pick.
The third book I chose was But You Seemed So Happy by Kimberly Harrington. It is a series of essays about divorce that is described as “quirky” as well as “LOL” funny. I thought I’d give it a whirl.

If you look closely in the photo, you will see a pair of cozy, bookish socks I earned for completing my 2021 Reading Challenge. I had to read 12 Book of the Month selections. Three of them had to be by debut authors and the books had to be from at least five different genres. The different genres was a challenge for me, but it is a good way to add variety in your reading. This year’s challenge is a bit different. You still have to read 12 books, three of which must be debuts, but one has to be 400+ pages. So, I will try to earn this challenge, too!
Happy January Reading!


 

Comments