Turkish Eggs

I first saw this recipe by Diane Morrisey for Turkish Eggs on a reel she made on Instagram. It looked so creamy and delicious; I knew I had to try it as soon as possible. I’m here to say that I loved this recipe. I have made the Turkish Eggs about a half a dozen times. It is simple to make, as you will see.

Turkish Eggs

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup Greek yogurt 
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • Flakey salt 
  • 3 poached eggs (I made 2 over-easy eggs.)
  • 3 tablespoons butter (I used less than that.)
  • Drizzle of olive oil 
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (I used 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes.)
  • Chopped chives (I didn’t use them.)
Directions:
  1. Combine garlic and yogurt in a bowl with a pinch of salt.
  2. Spread the yogurt mixture in the bottom of a bowl or plate.
  3. Make your eggs and place them on the yogurt mixture.
  4. In the skillet you used for the eggs, melt a small amount of butter until it begins to brown. Turn off the heat and add your chili or red pepper flakes. Swirl just a bit of olive oil into the pan. 
  5. Pour the butter mixture over the eggs. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and chives.
  6. Serve with toast. (Ms. Morrisey toasted her bread in a pan with butter. I served mine with an artesian bagel. It was delicious!)
As you can see, you can make Turkish Eggs for a luxurious brunch or in the morning before work. It is quick to make. Best of all, it is flavorful. Pair it with the bread of your choice and a piping hot cup of coffee and you have a breakfast to start your day in the right direction.
Have a great day!


 




Comments