Our Favorite Banana Bread from How Sweet Eats!


I made How Sweet Eats Our Favorite Banana Bread over the weekend. It is so delicious and you probably have everything at home to make it right now. 

A funny thing happened when I was putting props together for the second photo. I have been going through a lot of mugs, etc. at my house, and I found that coffee mug with the heart on top. I looked at it closely and I thought the hearts on the mug would match a new Valentine’s Day tray my sister bought me. Sure enough, the colors of the hearts match! The mug was given to me in 2010 (it was written on the bottom) and the tray is from 2022! Can’t believe they are a perfect match!

Our Favorite Banana Bread

Ingredients:
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (gluten-free flour can be substituted)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted 
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar 
  • 2 large eggs 
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup mashed bananas, or about 2 or 2-1/2 medium bananas 
  • 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (I used fat free plain Greek yogurt)
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 
Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar. Whisk in the eggs one at a time. Whisk in the vanilla extract. Whisk in the mashed bananas.
  4. Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in the sour cream or plain yogurt until combined.
  5. Pour in the loaf pan. Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips in a single layer over the batter. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
  6. Let cool completely before inverting and slicing.

This banana bread has a luscious banana flavor. Be sure that you are careful and do sprinkle the mini chocolate chips in a single layer over the batter. It makes a mouthwatering chocolate crust. It is just enough chocolate to make this banana bread special. My sister and I loved this recipe and hope you do, too! Enjoy!




 

Comments