Book Review—Nine Lives by Peter Swanson



I always enjoy a good thriller. Peter Swanson is one of my favorite thriller authors. When I became an avid reader in 2018 after my retirement, I read The Kind Worth Killing by the author. That book along with such books as  The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah, The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne, Beartown by Fredrik Backman, Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty, and My Oxford Year by Julia Whelen helped to reenergize my love for reading. For that, I am forever grateful.

Nine Lives has a very interesting plot that was inspired by Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None. Peter Swanson, of course, interprets the novel in his own unique way. Nine strangers receive a list of names. Not one of the nine know each other or can make a connection to anyone on the list. When someone is murdered with the list in hand, Detective Sam Hamilton is assigned to this case. The novel takes the reader to many places as Sam tries to piece together all of the clues.

The chapters are short which makes Nine Lives a quick, suspenseful read. I think this book is best read in hardback or Kindle form, since author includes a copy of the list. I referred to the list many times and found it helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed Nine Lives by Peter Swanson.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5





 

Comments