Oreo Chocolate Cobbler from How Sweet Eats

I saw this recipe on Jessica Merchant’s blog How Sweet Eats for Oreo Chocolate Cobbler (⬅️ link to recipe) a few weeks ago. I watched how she made it in her Instagram Stories that day, and I knew I was going to make this for my birthday.

For the recipe, you make a batter for the bottom of the cobbler. Then you sprinkle the batter with crushed Oreo cookies. Then you cover the cookies with a brown sugar and cocoa mixture. Next you pour hot coffee over the top of all of that, and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. When the cobbler comes out of the oven, let it cool for 15 minutes, add more crushed Oreos on top and serve with ice cream!!

Here are few tips for making the recipe. Be sure to make it in a 9-inch pie plate, square baking dish or skillet. That size is perfect for the amount of batter that goes on the bottom. The next tip is to trust the recipe. It may sound odd to layer the cookies, then the brown sugar mix, and then the coffee at the end, but it works!! Also, if you do not care for coffee, do not fret! The end product does not have a “coffee flavor”; the hot coffee makes the cobbler reminiscent of a lava cake.

Of course, this recipe is completely off of the yeast-free plan, but I do cheat on birthdays. I try to eat yeast-free/gluten-free about 80% of the time.

This is a great special occasion dessert! I hope you will try it sometime this summer! Enjoy!!



 

Comments