Book Review—Book Lovers by Emily Henry

I was first introduced to writer Emily Henry when I purchased her novel Beach Reads in April of 2020 from Book of the Month. I loved that book! Last summer’s gem was People We Meet on Vacation

This summer’s novel is Book Lovers. It is an absolute dream from cover-to-cover. I did not want this book to end. It is that good! This book is about two book lovers,  Nora Stephens, a literary agent and Charlie Lastra, a book editor. But it is also about small town living, big city living, sisterly bonds and memories of their special mother.

Emily Henry writes in a way that the reader can picture the small town of Sunshine Falls, North Carolina where the majority of the novel takes place. Ms. Henry is definitely a book lover’s writer with all of her experience dealing with agents, editors, and publication. To see this process play out in a novel was a bonus! I loved the characters of Nora and her sister, Libby. They are so different, as sisters often are, which adds much to the story. I’m not going to say much about dreamy Charlie Lastra. No spoilers here; you have to read this book!

Book Lovers is one of the top books I have read this year!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5


 

Comments