Royal Scones Fit for a Queen

Are you watching Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee coverage today? I loved seeing her out on the balcony. And, didn’t Prince Louis steal the show? The airplanes flying in the “70” formation was an incredible sight. In her honor, I made Royal Scones today. I got the recipe from Good Morning America last week. Here is the link: Royal Scones.

They are delicious!! I had to add a lot of flour when I started to roll the dough. Be sure the scones are a bit thick, because when they bake, they spread. I also had to cook them longer than the recommended time to get a golden color on top. I did use an egg wash, which is just one egg and a tablespoon of water whisked together. Give yourself some extra time to bake them as there is some rising time involved. Just so you know, the recipe is yeast-free; it uses baking powder as its rising agent.

One baked, I paired the scones with butter and strawberry jam. Traditionally, they are served with clotted cream and jam. 

I hope you will try the scones. They are such a special treat. Enjoy!

P.S. A big “Thank You” to my sister for all of the cute props for the photo!!






 

 

Comments