Book Review—Wrong Place Wrong Time by Gillian McAllister

You have to read Wrong Place Wrong Time by Gillian McAllister. It is a mystery with elements of a thriller and family drama. It was a Reese’s Book Club selection in August and debuted at number 2 on the New York Times Bestseller List.

I think what I loved best about Wrong Place Wrong Time is the creative plot. It is a time travel story like no other I have read. It begins with chapter, “Day Zero, After Midnight” with main character, Jen, witnessing a traumatic event involving her son. Jen is then thrust into a time travel loop and tries to figure out how to help him. If that isn’t enough, there are some great twists in this story that are truly mind-blowing. If you are a mom, you will relate to Wrong Place Wrong Time, because, at its core, this novel is about a mother’s love for her son.

The chapters are short, which makes the story flow quickly for the reader. I listened to it on audio, but I ended up buying the Kindle version because, for me, with time travel books, I like to be able to look back in the story. Also, the Acknowledgments at the end, included in the Kindle version, describe how Ms. McAllister got her idea for the book. 

In addition, a sneak peak of the author’s next novel, Just Another Missing Person, was included in the Kindle edition. I read the Prologue and Chapter One. I’m hooked! Now I have to wait until May, 2023 to get that book! (Happy Birthday to me!)

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5






Comments