Coming in Green for December!


 

If you are looking for a delicious green smoothie to start your day, look no further! I got this recipe from Judy Crowell Style. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/Z018WJz5XZI

Sometimes green smoothies are not that tasty, but this one is awesome! It has so many healthy ingredients in it, too! It is quick to make and just involves freezing some ingredients in advance.

Morning Glory Green Smoothie

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup diced avocado cubes (frozen)
  • 1/4 cup bananas (peeled, sliced, frozen)
  • Small handful baby spinach (frozen)
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 5-6 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in a blender. I recently invested in a Vitamix when I found a great sale. I would encourage you to save for one. They blend smoothies like a commercial blender. The avocado makes this smoothie creamy. Judy actually found Dole diced avocado in the frozen food section of her grocery. I couldn’t find it at my grocery, so I used 1/2 of a fresh avocado and froze the rest. I hope it works! The smoothie doesn’t have a strong spinach flavor, but I can taste the honey. This green smoothie is a winner to begin your day with, and what better time is there to start than in December. If you overindulge on some days, at least you will get some good vitamins and nutrients in this smoothie. Enjoy!!



Comments