November 2022 Reading!


I didn’t read as much in November as I usually do. My dog had major surgery which took up a lot of my time. Milo is doing so well now. I’m so thankful! 

I enjoyed all of these books this month. All of the books, except one, were nominated for a Goodreads Choice Award in their genre. I did review Matthew Perry’s memoir, Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing. (My links aren’t working today, so you can search for the review in my blog.) I loved his memoir, and I have a deep respect for him coming forth with the story of his addiction. Highly recommend!

Our Missing Hearts by Celeste Ng is a story of the love between a mother and son. It is a dystopian novel that depicts American culture in the future. 

The Kiss Curse (The Ex Hex #2) by Erin Sterling (pen name of Rachel Hawkins) takes the reader back to Glen Graves. This book focuses on Gwyn Jones and Wells Penhallow as they become rival shop owners.

The Winners by Fredrik Backman is the last book in the Beartown series. If you love the series, you will love this book. Backman has a winner with The Winners. I was totally satisfied with the ending. (Note: I would definitely read the series so you have all of the background on the characters. The order is: Beartown, Us Against You, The Winners.)

If you love Ruth Ware books, you will love her latest thriller, The It Girl. It is a murder mystery set in Oxford with an alternate timeline in Edinburgh, Scotland. Just read this one!

Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus is a phenomenal debut novel. I love the main character, Elizabeth Zott. Set in 1961, the book focuses a lot on the differences in treatment of men and women in the workplace. It is funny, heartbreaking, and just a lovely book. Highly recommend!

I’m starting my holiday reading tomorrow! I’ll do a post about what I’m planning to read. Enjoy the first day of December!


Comments