Vintage Banana Bread Recipe


I used to make this banana bread recipe years ago all the time. It is so simple. It only has three ingredients, four if you add nuts. I searched for the recipe on Pinterest and found it right away, along with many other vintage recipes.

Vintage Banana Bread Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1 yellow cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 4-5 overripe bananas (mashed)
  • Nuts ( pecans, walnuts, etc.)
Instructions
  1. Mix everything together in large bowl
  2. Fill two medium loaf pans, greased or one large loaf pan
  3. Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes
I really love this banana bread. All you have to do is keep a yellow cake mix in your pantry at all times. When you notice that you have several overripe bananas, it is time to make this banana bread. Another tip is that you can buy name-brand yellow cake mixes at a dollar type store for around $1.00. I got my cake mix at my local Dollar Tree for $1.25. It is important to have 4-5 overripe bananas so your bread will have a delicious banana flavor. I’ve even made it with six overripe bananas, and it was amazing. I always make one large loaf. I have added roughly 1 cup of chopped pecans in the past to the banana bread, and of course, it added a nuttiness to the bread.

I think you will really love this banana bread. It is a great recipe to have if you need to make something quick. Also, if you are looking for a particular vintage recipe from your late grandmother or mother, Pinterest is a great resource for finding those great recipes. It is amazing what you can find! Enjoy!

Comments