Book Review—A Better Man by Louise Penny

I probably sound like a broken record, but the Chief Inspector Armand Gamache series by Louise Penny is fantastic! A Better Man is book #15 in the series. There are 18 books in the series so far. Louise Penny adds a new book every year. I’m getting close to finishing the 18 books that are available now. Then I’ll have to start waiting a year for another book to drop, but that’s fine with me. 

In A Better Man, Gamache is back temporarily as the homicide chief and Beauvoir is at his side. Three Pines is flooding and Gamache is dealing with a mysterious disappearance. It’s all in a day’s work for Gamache.

I highly recommend this series. The books are great mysteries with reoccurring characters. I have listened to all of them; the narrators are outstanding! I started the series in October 2021, so I’ve been reading it for a year and a half now. It’s exciting to be almost caught up with the series. Right now I’m listening to #16, All the Devils are Here. It is awesome, too.

Happy Reading!



 

Comments