Coronation Chicken! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‘‘πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‘‘


In honor of King Charles III, I made Coronation Chicken on Saturday. It is a chicken salad with special ingredients that give it an English touch. It was really delicious. I served it on croissants with Harvest Snaps on the side (the snaps are American-ha!) This dish was first created for Queen Elizabeth’s  coronation in 1953. There are several recipes online for Coronation Chicken, but I chose one I watched on GMA last week. Here is the link: https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/food/story/easy-coronation-chicken-salad-recipe-elevates-pantry-staples-98984432

The recipe gives you choices for the ingredients in the chicken. I took a major shortcut with the recipe and used shredded rotisserie chicken. I used curry powder, not curry paste. My grocery had dried apricots, mango chutney, scallions  and sliced almonds, so that is what I used. I did toast the almonds on the stovetop, which really adds flavor. Also, I used a combination of light mayonnaise and fat free Greek yogurt in the salad.

I love Coronation Chicken. I will definitely be making it again; it is fit for a king and would be lovely for any occasion.

P.S. Thanks to my sister for the cute UK flag and crown props!

Comments