June Reading Wrap-Up!!


My June reading was absolutely joyous! I read quite a bit while I was on vacation in North and South Carolina. I enjoyed all of the books. 

You Should Have Known by Jean Hanff Korelitz was made into the movie, The Undoing on MAX with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant. Both are excellent, but read the book first!

The King Worth Saving by Peter Swanson was the sequel to The Kind Worth Killing. Both are excellent. Read The Kind Worth Killing first, especially if you are in a reading slump. That book is guaranteed to cure a slump!

I read two memoirs, Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner and Tell Me Everything by Friday Night Lights star, Minka Kelly. Crying in H Mart is Ms. Zauner’s story of growing up as a Korean-American and the struggles she faced with her mother. Minka Kelly’s memoir, Tell Me Everything, is the story of her extremely rough childhood and how she eventually became an actress.

Meet Me at the Lake by Carley Fortune is so delightful! It is a must summer read! Another must-read is The Beach Trap by Ali Brady.

I listened to The Lion’s Den by Katherine St. John and Dear Mrs. Bird by A.J. Pearce. Both are just fantastic, and I highly recommend them.

I rounded out the month with The Madness of Crowds by Louise Penny. It is the 17th book in the Chief Inspector Armand Gamache series. I’m almost caught-up with the series!

I will be reviewing these books more in-depth during the month!

Happy Reading!!


Comments