Book Reviews—The Madness of Crowds and A World of Curiosities both by Louise Penny


In June and July, I completed The Madness of Crowds (#17) and A World of Curiosities (#18) of the Chief Inspector Armand Gamache series by Louise Penny. I finished the first book, Still Life in October, 2021 so it took me one year and nine months to accomplish this. I listened to all of the books on audio. There have been two narrators. Ralph Cosham narrated the first ten novels until his sudden death in 2014. After an exhausting search, Robert Bathhurst took over as narrator beginning with The Nature of the Beast, Book #11. Even though it took me two books to get used to the new voice of  Three Pines, it was a remarkably smooth transition. I enjoy his narrations immensely.

In The Madness of Crowds, Gamache finds himself up against a professor who has her own agenda. Of course there is a murder for him to solve.

In A World of Curiosities, two people have reappeared in Three Pines.There are many puzzles in this mystery, especially the discovery of an old letter. Again, it is important to read this series in order because the novels often reflect back to previous events.

I gave them both ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5

Now I’m in a waiting pattern, like everyone else, for the next Louise Penny novel. In her latest newsletter, she said that she has almost completed the first draft. Yay!!




 

Comments