July 2023 Reading Wrap-Up


 I read four books this month. It is less than my norm, but I’m almost finished with three books, so hopefully August will be more productive. 

I loved Yours Cheerfully by A.J. Pearce. It is the sequel to Dear Mrs. Bird. The third book in the series, Mrs. Porter Calling, will be published on August 8th! They all follow the life of Emmy Lake during WWII in London. This is such a great series!

Speaking of series, I finished A World of Curiosities by Louise Penny. It is the 18th book in the series! I’m all caught up (never thought it would happen!) By the way, the next book in the series is set to come out sometime this year. So now I am waiting with bated breath like everyone else! In the meantime, I can read State of Terror, the book she co-wrote with Hillary Rodham Clinton. From what I’ve understand, Chief Inspector Gamache makes an appearance in the novel!

I also read the suspenseful thriller, Drowning by T.J. Newman. She is the author of the mega-hit, Falling. Look for my review of Drowning soon!

I just finished The Homewreckers by Mary Kay Andrews. I try to read one or two of her novels each year. This one is especially entertaining, and I’ll be reviewing it soon!

My August Reading goals are to:

1. Finish This Chair Rocks by Ashton Applewhite

2. Finish Taste by Stanley Tucci

3. Finish The Weekenders by Mary Kay Andrews

4. Read The Glass Chateau by Stephen P. Kiernan 

5. Read State of Terror by Hillary Rodham Clinton and Louise Penny

6. Read Hello Beautiful by Ann Napolitano 

That’s a good start!! We shall see how the month goes!

Happy Reading!!



Comments