September Reading Wrap-Up!


I really enjoyed my September month of reading. My favorite book this month was most definitely Tom Lake by Ann Patchett. I read part of the book and also listened to Meryl Streep’s outstanding narration in audiobook format. Tom Lake is full of nostalgia, is a great mother-daughter story, as well as a sister story. Set in northern Michigan, you can picture the cherry orchards due to Ann Patchett’s beautiful writing. I’ll review it more this month, but I highly recommend Tom Lake.

Also, You, With a View, author Jessica Joyce’s debut novel is one of the best romances (Note: steamy) I’ve read this year. Noelle finds a photo of her recently deceased grandma with a man who is not her grandpa. This starts Noelle on the biggest adventure of her lifetime. Again, I’ll have more to say about it later in the month.

Rounding out the month was The Seven Year Slip by Ashley Poston (Romance with a time travel element), How Can I Help You by Laura Sims (Thriller about two librarians) and Mother-Daughter Murder Night by Nina Simon (Multigenerational Mystery).

Enjoy your October reading!

Comments