Prosciutto, Goat Cheese, and Nectarine Crostini from The Pretty Dish

Okay, I know...prosciutto is not on a yeast free diet, and goat cheese is questionable for some.  You can still enjoy this recipe and leave off the prosciutto, and I will give you some substitutions for goat cheese.  It is a tasty appetizer for the summer or even a light dinner.  I actually ate my crostini for breakfast! This recipe can be found on pages 68-69 in The Pretty Dish by Jessica Merchant.

Instead of placing the ingredient on sourdough baguettes, I actually made it two different ways.  The first time I made this, I placed everything on LePain des fleurs Organic Crispbread--Buckwheat flavor.  The other flavors available are ancient grains, onion, quinoa, and chestnut and they are all yeast free!  The second time I made the recipe, I made small flatbreads out of Weight Watchers 2-ingredient dough.  I previously did a post using 2-ingredient dough to make bagels.  All you have to do is take the same dough, roll it out, and instead of making bagels, keep it flat and cut it into about 6 pieces.  The recipe is in this entry:  2-ingredient flatbread

Ingredients:

  • 1 sourdough baguette, sliced into rounds (I used LePain des fleurs Organic Crispbread and Weight Watchers 2-ingredient dough to make flatbreads)
  • 6 ounces goat cheese (You can use Kite Hill cream cheese.)
  • 8 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced and torn into pieces (This is not on the Candida plan.  I did use it when I made the recipe, since others will love it. I could not think of any substitutions.)
  • 2 nectarines, thinly sliced
  • Balsamic glaze, for drizzling (I used Grapes & Olives on Tap Tuscan Herb Olive Oil.)
  • Fresh herbs (such as basil, oregano, or parsley), for topping
Instructions:

Spread each crispbread or flatbread with goat cheese (or Kite Hill cream cheese alternative).  Top each with a piece of prosciutto and 1 or 2 nectarine slices.  Drizzle the slices with the flavored olive oil.  Top with herbs.  Serve immediately.


Prosciutto, Goat Cheese, and Nectarines over LePain des fleurs Crispbread
Oops! I forgot the herbs!

The Pretty Dish, LePain des fleurs Cripsbread, Grapes & Olives on Tap Tuscan Herb Olive Oil




Prosciutto, Goat Cheese, and Nectarine Crostini over WW 2-ingredient dough!
I remembered the basil!

I bought the Grapes & Olives on Tap Tuscan Herb Olive Oil at last year's Southern Women's Show held in the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.  This company has a booth every year at the show, and travels to many shows across the country. Their website is Grapes & Olives on Tap

I hope you enjoy this end-of-summer recipe!

Comments