My Sister, My Best Friend

Today's blog is dedicated to my sister, Glenna.  We just vacationed together at the beach for a long weekend.  We saw a Michael Bolton concert, which was awesome!  He even came into the audience and stood at the end of our row (2 seats from us) and sang, "When a Man Loves a Woman".  It was a fantastic evening.

When I think of my sister, I think of the word "fun".  She has always had a quick wit and a hilarious comeback line.  She loves jewelry and wears it so well.  Glenna loves art; she can paint, make pottery (on the wheel!), creates zentangle designs, and makes beautiful bows and baskets for gifts.  She is just one of those people with the artistic eye that can see something and knows exactly where it will go well in her home.  Glenna also has that eye for detail, which I find amazing!  She always gives special gifts to people which shows her thoughtfulness.  I admire her strength and ability to help others in need, especially after losing her own precious son.  Not many people know this, but she meets regularly with women who have lost their children.  She has a special book that she gives each one, a book that helped her to move forward in life. 


I found this inspiration yesterday, and the photo reminds me of the two of us, especially because we were just at the beach!  I'm the brunette and Glenna is the blond.  We are opposites in a lot of ways (we laugh about that), but we have always been there for each other.

I found this poem today that sums up how I feel about my sister, Glenna:

My Sister, My Best Friend
      by Gillian McKay

Sisters.
They share a special bond that is impossible to describe.
It can only be felt and understood by the sisters who share it.
They go through life as a team, helping and supporting each other
Through whatever this world has destined for them.
They will never give up on each other,
For giving up on your sister means giving up on yourself.
They smile together, laugh together,
Lie for each other, lie to each other and cry together.
Your sister is the one person you can confide your whole self to, the one person who understands.
She is the person who will stand by your side until the very end.
She has and always will be there for you during all of the times in your life,
Whether they be happy or sad.
A sister is someone who knows you better than you know yourself.
She is someone you can't imagine your life without,
And the thought of it makes you want to cry.
She is someone who knows you are not okay, even when you say you are.
Your sister is and always will be your very best friend.

Our family...I'm on the left; Glenna is a baby.


Look who is in the driver's seat!


Glenna

Milo loves her!  She held him in the backseat of my car for 3-1/2 hours after I bought him.  They bonded then. When I say her name, he perks his ears!  Glenna taught him how to sit and give her his paw.  He still remembers!  

Photo of Milo taken by Glenna


Comments