Kale Chips--2 Ways, adapted from How Sweet Eats

I love kale chips!  Now that I have found a great tasting vegan cheese, I'm enjoying Parmesan flavored kale chips.  The other way that I'm going to share to make them is with nutritional yeast.  The nutritional yeast has a cheesy flavor and it is WW friendly!

Parmesan Kale Chips 

Ingredients:

  • 3 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese (I use Follow Your Heart Parmesan shreds.)
  • 1 bunch of curly green kale, leaves stripped from stems
  • olive oil mist
Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
  • Mist the kale leaves with olive oil--if you don't have an olive oil spray or mist, you can massage 1 to 2 teaspoons of the oil into the leaves.  Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over the top.
  • Bake the kale chips for 12 minutes.  Remove from the oven and gently flip the leaves.  Bake for another 12 minutes more, until they are crispy and darker in color.  Bake time will vary depending on the size of your kale leaves.  If they are very small, check them after 5 minutes more of bake time as they can burn easily.
  • Serve immediately!  The chips stay fairly fresh when stored in a ziplock bag or wrapped loosely in aluminum foil.  They last for about two days.

Kale Chips with Nutritional Yeast

Ingredients:
  • 2-3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
  • 1 bunch of curly green kale, leaves stripped from stems
  • olive oil mist
Directions:
  • Follow the above direction for the Parmesan Kale Chips.

Parmesan on the left; Nutritional Yeast on the right

Yummy!
I tried to keep my kale leaves on the larger side, so I would not burn any of them.  I have burned them in the past.  Be sure to watch your kale chips during the second 12 minute baking time.  I actually took mine out at the 6 minute mark.  This is a great snack that does not take long to make!  Plus, it is healthy!  Enjoy!! 


Comments