Super Healthy Summer Mexican Salad

This is one of my favorite go-to salads of summer.  And, it is continuing my plant-based, yeast-free eating plan.  It is super healthy and super simple to make for a quick lunch or weeknight dinner that will keep you full until your next meal.

Super Healthy Summer Mexican Salad—Makes 1 serving

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Seeds of Change Quinoa and Brown Rice with Garlic
  • 2 cups shredded lettuce 
  • 1/2-15.25 can of low sodium black beans
  • 1 medium tomato, diced 
  • 1 medium avocado, diced
  • Salt and pepper to taste.
Directions:
  • Make the Seeds of Change Quinoa and Brown Rice in the microwave according to the directions on the package.
  • In a large bowl, toss the quinoa/brown rice and shredded lettuce.
  • Add the black beans, tomatoes, and avocado.
  • Salt and pepper the salad.
  • Toss together and enjoy!





I told you it was easy. The Seeds of Change Quinoa & Brown Rice takes 90 seconds to make in the microwave!  This is so nice for busy moms or even retirees like me!  Notice that I did not add oil of any kind in the recipe.  It is not needed because the avocado contains hearty-healthy fats.  I know I am in the habit of adding a teaspoon of olive oil to most of my salads.  However, I have been able to go “oil free” in my salads.  It just takes a bit of getting used to the change.  This salad is so versatile since you could add red onions, a different type of bean, or spinach for even more nutrients than shredded lettuce.  Be creative and enjoy the beautiful, healthy vegetables of summer!

Comments