Monday Motivation


I love this piece of wisdom and drawing!  One thing I’ve done this summer is take an early morning walk with my collie, Milo.  He is the one who wakes me every morning as soon as he sees the sun peering through the blinds. I never set my alarm anymore; he is my alarm clock!  We have bumped our walk up to 30 minutes in the morning before the Florida heat sets in for the day.  My walk isn’t along the beach, as in the photo, but it is in my neighborhood where I do get to see some Florida wildlife.  We have seen many types of water birds, cardinals, hawks, raccoons (who rushed out of the woods to drink water and then ran right back), deer, and alligators.  From time to time we have gators in our retention ponds. They move from pond to pond. I haven’t seen one in a few weeks, so they are on the move again.  Walking sets my day off in a positive way.  My dog craves the walk, too.  After walking, I feed him and I make my morning coffee.  Then Milo loves to goof around in the backyard.  I drink my coffee and keep an eye on him.  Right now, I’m writing this blog while we are in the backyard.  It’s getting warmer, and he just sat in the shade.  Guess we will be going inside to feel the cool a/c in a minute.  Have a wonderful day!!

Milo, my happy collie, on our walk!

Comments