Book Review—The Girl Who Lived Twice (Millennium #6) by David Lagercrantz

The Girl Who Lived Twice is the sixth and final installment of the Millennium series that began with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by the late author, Stieg Larsson.  Larsson wrote the first three books in the series, and current author David Lagercrantz finished the last three installments.  Since I read all five previous books in the series, I wanted to read this book.

To me, Lagercrantz came as close as anyone could have to get the feel for the series that Larsson created.  Larsson was a hard act to follow.  I remember reading the first books.  I had a feel for how cold the Swedish winters are, journalist Mikael Blomkvist’s love of a steaming hot cup of coffee, and I could picture in my mind his quaint cottage.  Lisbeth was always a complicated character with few words, but a computer genius who could blend in like a chameleon everywhere she traveled.

This book is a great conclusion to the series.  Lisbeth becomes the hunter in this book, instead of the hunted.  Blomkvist returns in a mystery surrounding a homeless man, who turns up dead with Mikael’s phone number in his pocket.  The ending was a satisfying one to this great series.  I recommend this book to anyone who has enjoyed the Millennium series.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5



Comments