Book Review—Summer of ‘79 (A Summer of ‘69 Story) by Elin Hilderbrand

Summer of ‘79 is the continuation of last year’s New York Times bestseller Summer of ‘69 by Elin Hilderbrand.  Elin is the quintessential queen of summer reading!  Summer of ‘79 is set in Nantucket, of course!  This novella, which takes just an afternoon to read, revisits the Foley-Levin clan ten years later.

I read the Kindle edition of the book.  However, it is no longer available.  The good news is that Summer of ‘79 will be coming out in print either this fall or the spring of 2021 (I’ve heard both dates.). It will be part of a collection honoring the late author Dorothea Benton Frank.  In the meantime, if you haven’t read Summer of ‘69, you can read it now in paperback form!  Then you will be ready for Summer of ‘79 when it is available.  (I will let you know.)

I also have Elin Hilderbrand’s newest book, 28 Summers.  I will be reading and reviewing it soon!  Enjoy your summer reading!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5


 

Comments

  1. I read a summer of 69 I was the same age as the youngest of the family was. I remember that year well, good book. Cannot wait for summer of 79.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment