The Home Edit by Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin

I found The Home Edit last year on Instagram. I loved looking at the photos of their organization of closets, drawers, pantries, etc. Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin have built a brand that even includes their own line of organizers for everything imaginable at The Container Store. I bought their first book, The Home Edit, for organizing inspiration for bathrooms, closets, and cabinets. My advice is to read the introduction to the book that explains their philosophy. It is so helpful. The basic home edit is:

Take everything out (of the area you are organizing).

Create groupings (place like things together).

Pare down (by getting rid of things you don’t use or like).

They even have a section on how to deal with sentimental items, which is my hardest area to edit. I brought some items to my house from my mom and dad’s last year, prior to selling their home. The furniture will be easy to incorporate, but some things are more difficult. 

The book is divided into areas such as entry, bathroom, laundry, etc. It is full of guidance and photos as to how to organize and maintain each area of your home.

Then I pre-ordered their new book, The Home Edit Life. Again, the introduction is a necessary read. Part 2 of the book is titled: Organizing for How You Really Live.  It gives practical advice on how to organize the nitty gritty items like electronics, charging, photos, your purse, and car trunk, etc. I think you get the idea. Again, every page has color photos to inspire you to organize.

Have you watched The Home Edit on Netflix? I’ve watched two episodes so far, since it is hard to breakaway from my home editing to watch tv! (Ha Ha!) I really enjoyed the episodes. So far in each episode they help someone famous with organizing and then they help a regular person (like me). They show that Clea and Joanna have a team to help them, to keep it real. 

I highly recommend The Home Edit books and the show for their knowledge, expertise, and inspiration in the area of home organization.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5



Comments