Book Review—Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie

I’m excited to begin reading The Christie Affair by Nina de Gramont today. It is about the time in Agatha Christie’s life when she disappeared for 11 days. In preparation to read The Christie Affair, I read the Agatha Christie book, Death of the Nile, originally published in 1937. There have been two movies made of the book, one in 1978, with Peter Ustinov in the starring role and a new version coming out this year staring Kenneth Branagh. The new version will be available on Hulu and HBO Max in late March. I want to watch both movies now that I have read the book.

This mystery begins with a lovely cruise on the Nile. There are a wide variety of individuals on the cruise.  When someone is murdered, Detective Hercule Poirot, who happens to be on the ship, has the job of solving the murder.

This classic has stood the test of time. I listened to the audiobook from Audible, and it was outstanding. If you haven’t read Agatha Christie before, I highly recommend that you do.

I haven’t read Murder on the Orient Express, but I am going to soon. There are also two movies made of that book. One was made in 1974 with a star-studded cast with Albert Finney in the starring role. The remake was made in 2017 with Kenneth Branagh as Poirot. Both are available on streaming services.

So, if you are like me and have never given Agatha Christie novels a try, I recommend that you do.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5


 

Comments