September 2024 Reading


I really enjoyed the books I read this month. I read my first book by Lizzy Dent, The Summer Job. It was on my Kindle for quite a while just waiting to be read. I loved it! Set in a Scottish hotel, Birdie makes the decision to take on a summer job, posing as her best friend. 

Next I read The Setup by Lizzy Dent. Mara is really into horoscopes and has a reading while on vacation in Vienna. She goes into self-improvement mode in anticipation of meeting the man of her dreams. 

I read Sweet Sorrow by David Nicholls, author of One Day. This is the story of main character Charlie Lewis reminiscing about the summer after he graduated from high school. This is a touching novel about first love.

Another book I had on my Kindle forever is Tell Me Lies by Carola Lovering. This book has it all: romance, mystery, drama, unlikeable characters, betrayal, etc. Once you read the book, you can stream the series on Hulu.

I read the thriller All the Beautiful Lies by Peter Swanson. When Harry’s father mysteriously dies, his life is turned upside down. If you like Peter Swanson books, you will enjoy this novel full of deceit.

Last of all, I read A Novel Summer by Jamie Brenner. Main character Shelby Archer arrives on the island of Cape Cod on the first stop of her book tour. However, Shelby gets less than a warm welcome from her friends in this contemporary romance novel.

Now. I’m looking forward to some great fall reading. 


Comments