Ricotta Scrambled Eggs adapted from The Pretty Dish

For a long time, I could not eat ricotta cheese.  However, Kite Hill has made a plant-based ricotta that is vegan, dairy free, soy free, gluten free, etc.  So, it is perfect to use for yeast free living.  When I was looking through The Pretty Dish by Jessica Merchant for a recipe, I knew I could now adapt the Ricotta Scrambled Eggs.  The addition of the ricotta to the eggs adds fluffiness and a creamy texture.

Ricotta Scrambled Eggs--2 servings

Ingredients:

  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/3 cup ricotta cheese  (I used Kite Hill ricotta)
  • 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
Directions:
  • In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
  • In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper.
  • Add the eggs to the skillet and let them set a bit, then gently push them with a spatula to scramble them.
  • Once they are almost fully cooked, add in the ricotta cheese and continue to stir with the spatula for another minute or so until the eggs are done and no longer runny.
  • Serve the eggs with a bit of chives on top.
Ricotta Scramble Eggs with Kite Hill Ricotta

Delicious!
These eggs would be nicely paired with the Blueberry Cream Cheese Biscuits that I featured in the July 24, 2018 blog.  Again, I adapted some of the ingredients in the biscuits to follow the Candida diet.  In that recipe, I used Kite Hill cream cheese, which is also dairy free and vegan.

So, I hope you will try this creative twist on scrambled eggs for a special weekend breakfast for you and your family.  Enjoy!!


Comments