February 2021 Reading

I had a great month of reading in February! I read and reviewed two outstanding memoirs, Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey and The Answer is...: Reflections on My Life by Alex Trebek. I highly recommend both of them.

I also read The Queen’s Gambit by Walter Tevis. It is an outstanding novel about a lonely young girl who excels at chess. I will be reviewing it soon. I need to watch the movie now on Netflix because it has received excellent reviews, too.

Better Luck Next Time by Julie Claiborne Johnson was Barnes and Noble’s January Book Club selection. It is set in Reno, Nevada in the 1930’s at a dude ranch for divorcées. I will be reviewing this hilarious yet touching novel about love and friendship.

Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi is one of the best books I have read this year. It is about a family from Ghana who relocates to Alabama. It is a powerful book that explores depression, addiction, grief, faith and science. It is beautifully written and the characters will stay with me for a long time. My review will be forthcoming.

Lying Next to Me by Gregg Olsen is an amazing thriller. It is about a couple, Adam and Sophie, and their three-year-old daughter who go away for a relaxing weekend. While Adam and their daughter are in a boat, he sees a man abduct Sophie. This book is wild to the very end. I will be reviewing it soon.

This Won’t End Well by Camille Pagán is a fun book that really made me laugh. Annie Mercer’s fiancé travels to Paris alone to “find himself” weeks before their scheduled wedding. This book follows Annie’s journey to normalcy as her life turns upside down. I will be reviewing this book soon.

I listened to Inside the NBA Bubble: A Championship Season Under Quarantine by Jason Dudley and Carvell Wallace. This book intrigued me because the bubble was carried out in Orlando, Florida, where I live. I will be reviewing this book soon, also.

Tomorrow is release day for Whitehall Baby by Laura Barnard. I loved this book! It is an accidental baby story where the couple, Charlotte and Arthur, are polar opposites. This book has some really hilarious scenes, yet it is really a story about these how these two people come to terms with this situation. Check out my review. You can still preorder the Kindle version of the book today, March 1, 2021, for $4.99. Tomorrow the paperback version will also be released! Congratulations, Laura Barnard!



 I have some ideas about what I will read in March. Currently, I am listening to This is Big by Marisa Meltzer about the founder of Weight Watchers. I am also finishing Denial of Justice by Mark Shaw, about Dorothy Kilgallen, whose murder has never been solved, and her investigation into the JFK assassination. I want to read A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles and listen to The Invisible Life of Addie Larue by V.E. Schwab. Wish me luck! Addie LaRue is 17 hours long! What are you planning to read in March?

Comments