Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Breakfast Hash from How Sweet Eats

I just finished the best breakfast!  I have had this recipe on my list to make for a long time.  This recipe, Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Breakfast Hash, is from the How Sweet Eats blog by Jessica Merchant.  If you have leftover sweet and Yukon Gold potatoes from Thanksgiving, this recipe is for you!

Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Breakfast Hash

Ingredients:

  • 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 4 slices bacon, chopped (You can leave this off if you are following the Candida plan.)
  • 4 to 6 large eggs
  • Green onions for topping
  • Hot sauce for topping
Directions:

Preheat the oven to 425°F.  

Place the potatoes, onions and garlic on a baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil, salt and pepper on top.  Toss well.  Add in the bacon, and scatter the pieces all over the sheet.  Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, tossing once during the cook time.  You want the bacon to be crisp and the potatoes to be golden and softening.  Cook a little longer, if needed.

Once the bacon is crisp and potatoes are cooked, add the eggs directly on top of the sheet.  Place the pan back in the oven and bake anywhere from 5 to 12 minutes, depending on how you like your yolks.

Remove the pan from the oven and serve the potatoes and eggs immediately.  Top with sliced green onions and hot sauce.

OMGoodness!!!

Ready for the oven!!


Out of the oven!
Ready to eat!
Hmmmmm!
So delish!
You may have noticed that I made my hash in a cast iron pan.  I cut the recipe in half, since it was just for myself.  I used one sweet potato, one russet potato (I did not have Yukon Gold on hand), and 1/4 of a red onion.  I used 3 pieces of bacon and 4 eggs.  I still have half of the hash and eggs leftover.  I cooked the hash for 30 minutes in the oven, checking it halfway through.  I cooked my eggs for 6 minutes.  This is such a delicious breakfast, and it is hearty enough to be a "breakfast for dinner" recipe, too.  I forgot to add the green onions on top for the photo!  Ugh!  I did not use hot sauce, but I think it would be great on the hash, if you enjoy hot sauce!  Hope you try this!  It is a winner!

Comments