What Are You Reading?

I can't believe that November will be halfway over tomorrow and that next week is Thanksgiving!  Where does the time go?  So far, November has been a great month for reading.  I can actually sit outside and read, now that the weather is cooler.  However, I am completing most of my books using audiobooks while I cook, clean, and am driving in the car.

This month I realize I have read books from the same authors and am presently enjoying a sequel.  I read two books by Bob Goff this month.  I finished Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World and Everybody Always: Becoming Love in a World Full of Setbacks and Difficult People.  These two books are motivating and inspiring, especially if you are going through change in your life.  It would be a great read for any stage of life. Bob has had so many interesting life experiences.  He encourages the reader to take risks, be joyous, compassionate, and treat others with  kindness.  Bob is a doer, and challenges you, as the reader, to become a doer, too.  He is a Christian and inspires the reader to want to live out the dreams that God has put in your heart.

I am also on a John Green kick!  In September I read Looking for Alaska, which I loved.  This month I have read Paper Towns and Turtles All the Way Down.  Paper Towns is about two high school students, Quentin and Margo, and their series of  revenge adventures.  Part of the reason why I enjoyed Paper Towns is that it is set in my hometown of Orlando, Florida.  It was enjoyable for me to read about places in town that I've visited, streets I've driven on, and local high schools.  I did enjoy this book; Green has such a gift for writing and developing characters.  He really captures the minds of young adults.  Paper Towns was made into a movie, too.  Turtles All the Way Down is John Green's latest book.  The main character, Aza, has mental health struggles (Triggers:  OCD, Anxiety).  John has a way of explaining what is really going on in the mind of the Aza.  The plot is an intriguing mystery of a billionaire gone missing, and again, it is so well-written.

I am currently listening on audiobooks to Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult.  I read Small Great Things in September by the same author.  Leaving Time was originally published in 2014.  I was hooked on this book from the very beginning.  It is about a girl who is looking for her mother, who vanished a decade before after a tragic accident.  The story is told by multiple characters.  One of the characters is a psychic, so the book does mention spirits, ghosts, etc.  If you love elephants, you will probably enjoy this book.  I'm only 30% done with the book at this time.

I'm also reading Us Against Them by Fredrik Backman.  It is the sequel to Beartown, which I read in March.  Beartown is one of my favorite books that I read all year.  I'm only about 20% done with Us Against Them at this writing, and I am loving it!

Also, I'm now including in my bio on Instagram what books I am currently reading/listening to.  I will update this as I complete books.

Books I've Completed in November
Currently Reading in November



Comments