Monday Motivation



Yesterday I was browsing through January issues of magazines and saw a quote in The Oprah Magazine.  The quote and accompanying photo was the beginning of her monthly section, "Live Your Best Life."  It said:

 Not permanence but change, its pace and its direction, are all that matter. 
 
I thought that this was a great quote to again focus on change, meeting goals, etc. for the new year.  Just moving at your own pace and in the direction you want to be are all that matters. So, if you are trying to accomplish things, like I am, baby-steps are okay.  Just keep moving forward.

I was intrigued by the author of the quote, Freya Stark.  I had never heard of her, but I thought that she must be interesting.  So, I did a Google search and found out that she was an explorer and travel writer.  Freya was born in 1893 in Paris, France.  She wrote over two dozen books on her travels in the Middle East and Afghanistan.  She was also one of the first non-Arabs to travel to the southern Arabian Desert.  She died in 1993 in Italy at the age of 100!  She has many quotes inspired by her travels in her writings.



This is the one I chose for today:

There can be no happiness if the things we believe are different from the things we do.

Again, putting your plan into action is the thing that really counts in life.  Keeping your actions aligned with your values is so important for the peace of mind so many of us are aspiring to have.  So with this quote, I am honoring the legacy of Freya Stark, her travels and her writings.

Comments