Everything Bagel Chickpeas

I'm a little late in posting this week.  I guess I had too much fun with my cousins!  But, now I'm back with a great snack.  There are many ways to roast chickpeas, but I really enjoyed the twist on this recipe because it uses Everything Bagel Seasoning.  I found this recipe on a great blog that I follow called Cooking for Keeps.  It has a lot of great recipes, so be sure to check it out!  You can also follow the blog on Instagram.

Everything Bagel Chickpeas

Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning (I used Trader Joe's brand.)
  • 1-16 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
Instructions:

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Add everything bagel seasoning to a mortal and pestle.  Grind until seasoning becomes fine.  Some texture is fine.  If you don't have a mortal and pestle, you can used a mini food processor or a spice grinder.
  • Dry chickpeas with paper towels.  Add to a bowl.  Toss in olive oil.  Add seasoning, toss to combine.  Spread chickpeas on a large, rimmed baking sheet, and roast for 25 minutes.  Take the pan out, shake and place back in the oven.  Roast until golden brown and crispy, another 20-30 minutes.  The chickpeas will crisp up more as they cool. 
Yum!

Dig in!!

I really love this recipe for chickpeas.  The secret to getting them crispy is to be sure to rinse, drain, and completely dry the chickpeas.  I placed the chickpeas on paper towels, and I also put paper towels on top of them.  I let them sit for a while before putting them in the bowl to complete the recipe.  Also, I bought my mortal and pestle on Amazon.  It is manufactured by Greenco.  I really love it, and I'm sure I will find many uses for it in the future.  The chickpeas are such a great snack while watching tv or a movie in the evening.  You might consider making a double batch, especially if you have a family. Enjoy!!






Comments