Lasagna using Cappello's Grain Free Lasagna Sheets


I haven't made lasagna in so long.  Recently, I found out about a company called Cappello's that is making pasta using almond flour.  I checked the ingredients and they are a yeast free product.  Cappello's is sold in my neighborhood Whole Foods in Winter Park, Florida.  Because it is a new product, it was on sale that week!  Win Win!  Cappello's does have a store locator on their website.  

I made this lasagna using recipes I have featured before on the blog.  I used Our Favorite Bolognese--The Yeast Free Way as the meaty sauce.  (This time I did substitute ground turkey for lean ground beef.)  I used the Almond Ricotta recipe (without the cinnamon) in place of traditional ricotta cheese.  The only other ingredients I used were Follow Your Heart Parmesan and Mozzarella Shreds.  

Here are the steps to make the lasagna:

1.  Make the meat sauce.
2.  Make the almond ricotta.  (It can be made the previous night.)
3.  Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
3.  Assemble the lasagna.  (Another great thing about Cappello's Lasagna Sheets is that they are no-boil!!)
  • Spread a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a  9" x 13" baking dish.
  • Make a layer of lasagna noodles.
  • Spread a layer of sauce on top of the noodles.  Place dollops of ricotta on top of the sauce.  Sprinkle a handful of mozzarella and Parmesan shreds on top.
  • Repeat the layers at least two more times.  End with Parmesan and mozzarella on top of meat sauce.  (I ended with lasagna sheets on top covered with cheese.  It was fine, but my preference is to end with meat sauce covered with cheese.)
  • Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
  • Remove the foil and bake for 15 more minutes.
  • Let the lasagna rest approximately 15 minutes before serving.




This was sooooo good!


Beautiful packaging!

This lasagna was so delicious!  The noodles were perfect; I could not tell the difference between these noodles and conventional lasagna noodles.  Cappello's has other yeast-free options, too!  Drum roll (since you are going to be as excited as I was!)  They have Naked Pizza Crust, Gnocchi, Sweet Potato Gnocchi, Spaghetti, and Fettuccine.  They also have two types of chocolate chip cookie dough.  I did not bought the cookie dough, but they do contain organic maple syrup and organic cane sugar, but contain no yeast or gluten.  On their website they have a filter so you can search for particular health needs/diets for their products (grain-free, vegetarian, dairy free, soy free, Kosher, gluten free, vegan, Paleo certified, yeast free, and Non-GMO).  For those of you who are gluten free, all of the products I mentioned in the blog are perfect for you.  If you are not dairy free, they do offer grain free pizza with toppings.  I found the products in the refrigerated section and the frozen section at Whole Foods.  I also bought the Gnocchi and the Fettuccine, so I will be testing them soon.  I hope you enjoy the almond flour lasagna sheets!

Comments