Book Review--The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell

The Family Upstairs is the second book I have read by Lisa Jewell.  I read Then She Was Gone in April, 2018 before I began blogging my book reviews.  I thoroughly enjoyed The Family Upstairs.  It was chosen as the Barnes & Noble Book of the Month.  Last night I went to my local Barnes & Noble for the book club featuring The Family Upstairs.  We had a great turnout and discussion of this book at the Waterford Lakes Barnes & Noble in Orlando.

This book is definitely a page-turner.  Libby Jones is adopted.  When she turns 25, she receives a letter in the mail, which she expected, telling her who she is.  She finds she has inherited an abandoned mansion in the Chelsea neighborhood of London worth millions.  But, this story has many secrets concerning the people who lived there previously.  With the help of an investigative reporter, Libby begins to put the pieces together of her life.

Lisa Jewell introduces the families who lived in the home, who have many secrets of their own.  The story is told with two timelines and from the perspectives of three main characters, Libby Jones, and Lucy and Henry, who lived in the home as children.  This is a wild tale, with some chilling characters, that is well-written.  There are a few holes in the story, but overall, I highly recommend this book.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5


Comments