Book Review--In Pieces by Sally Field

I listened to Sally Field's memoir, In Pieces, in late December.  I have the highest respect for Ms. Field after listening to this book.  The cover photo shows her vulnerability, and I understand now why that photo was chosen.  I grew up with Gidget reruns, The Flying Nun, and The Girl with Something Extra, all of which portrayed Ms. Field as a happy-go-lucky girl.  On the inside, however, she was struggling with her relationship with her mother, among other difficulties.  The memoir follows her career and how she worked diligently on her craft to become that award-winning actress we know today, despite her hardships. 

This memoir was raw and honest and brought up many memories Ms. Field had tucked away.  The ending gutted me, and I cried.  It took Ms. Field seven years to write this book, and my hope for her is true happiness and contentment in her career and personal life in the future.  I highly recommend this memoir in audio format, as she reads it, and it becomes even more personal to the listener.  
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5




Comments