Get Back on Track with Anti-Inflammatory Detox Salad by Kelly Leveque


Did you enjoy yourself over the holidays and maybe indulge just a little too much on that special holiday dessert, cookies, and that extra glass of wine?  If so, here is a delicious and healthy salad to get you back on track.  It is filled with all good things to clear your palate of wanting that sugar rush! I found this salad on the website kellyleveque.com. Ms. Leveque has two cookbooks, Body Love and Body Love Every Day, her newest cookbook that was released on December 30th.  She is a holistic nutritionist and has many great ideas and recipes to help improve health goals.  I have both of her cookbooks and am enjoying her passion for healthy cooking.

Anti-Inflammatory Detox Salad—Makes 2 Servings

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups mixed baby spinach and kale
  • 1-2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
  • 6-8 asparagus stalks, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1/2 cup microgreens
  • 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into small cubes
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Dressing:
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon honey 

Directions:

  • In a salad bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
  • Add the salad ingredients and toss to coat with the dressing.
  • Divide the salad between two plates and serve.
  • Option to top with protein such as 4 ounces of chicken, salmon, or shrimp.



So healthy and delicious!
This is such a great salad.  As I ate it, I really felt like I was doing something good for myself.  The dressing is delicious and I did use the honey.  You can leave the honey out of the dressing, if desired. The fresh herbs give the salad that extra boost of flavor.  I could not find microgreens at this time, but I will keep an eye out for them.  I hope you will try this salad in the new year!

Comments