Book Review—The Lies That Bind by Emily Giffin

The Lies That Bind is Emily Giffin’s latest book.  Published on June 2nd of this year, it is a psychological fiction novel with a little romance.  Cecily Gardner has recently broken up with her boyfriend, Matthew.  She is feeling weak about her decision and decides to stop at a bar one night for a drink.  As she is dialing Matthew’s number, a voice behind her says, “Don’t do it.”  She then begins to talk to the stranger.   

The fist 200 pages of this book were really riveting.  I could not put the book down.  The second half of the book, though, to me, became convoluted.  I still read it to find out what happened, but the book seemed over plotted to me, with holes in the plots.  The saving grace for me in The Lies That Bind was the connection that brought in Rachel, Darcy, and Ethan from Something Borrowed and Something Blue.  That was unexpected and added to the enjoyment of the book.

I would rate the first half of the book 5 stars and the second half of the book 3 stars.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5




 

Comments