August 2023 Reading Wrap-Up



I was able to read seven books this month, even with a sick doggie, no a/c for a weekend, and prepping for Hurricane Idalia. I have reviewed All the Dangerous Things by Stacy Willingham and Taste by Stanley Tucci (reviews linked). They were two of my favorite books this month.

I also read two excellent beach reads, The Weekenders by Mary Kay Andrews and Summer Stage by Meg Mitchell Moore. I’ll be reviewing them soon.

Two books I read were set in Florida. The Light Pirate by Lily Brooks-Dalton takes an apocalyptic look at Florida. Silver Alert by Lee Smith is set in the Florida Keys. It is about a wayward young woman’s friendship with a senior man. 

The book that surprised me the most was State of Terror by Hillary Rodham Clinton and Louise Penny. It was a true partnership with Penny’s mystery writing paired with Clinton’s knowledge of foreign governments. It was excellent!

Right now I’m reading The Glass Château by one of my favorite authors, Stephen P. Kiernan, and I just started listening to Seven Year Slip by Ashley Poston.

What books did you enjoy reading in August?

Comments