Pizza on a Baking Steel



I made my first pizza on a baking steel for lunch today. I think it turned out delicious! The baking steel makes a crispy professional-style crust. I found out about the baking steel from My Bizzy Kitchen She has been making pizzas on her baking steel for years. I bought the baking steel from Baking Steel (website) or you can go to the Baking Steel Instagram page where the owner shares baking tips, recipes and basically a “how-to” to get started. My Bizzy Kitchen also shares pizza recipes, her skinny pizza dough recipe and lots of tips, too! Both are great resources and they both have a 10% off code.

This pizza was made from Publix pizza dough you can buy in their refrigerator section near the deli. I want to eventually make my own pizza dough. I used crushed tomatoes as the sauce, which is recommended, a bit of grated Parmesan cheese, Fontina and Mozzarella, and 3 slices of pepperoni from the deli cut in strips. Once the pizza came out of the oven, I topped it with fresh basil. The pizza baked in the oven at 500 degrees for 10-12 minutes. My pizza took the entire 12 minutes.

If this baking steel is something you are interested in, be sure to check out the above links. The baking steel has been featured in BonAppetit Magazine and the Wall Street Journal. I received everything in a timely manner and the shipping is free. Also, the baking steel can be used as a stove top griddle and you can bake bread, English Muffins, baguettes, etc. on it—the sky’s the limit!


Comments